Providing Goods & Services to People with Disabilities
Holsag Canada is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption (such as inclement weather, maintenance, power outages) to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, Holsag will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. This notice will be placed on our website and at our facility, when necessary.
Holsag will provide training to our employees, and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of goods and services.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
- Plant Manager
- Sales Manager
- Office Manager
- Sales staff, affiliated Dealers and/or representatives
- Customer Service staff
The training will be provided to staff within two (2) weeks upon being hired by Holsag.
The training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- Holsag Canada’s plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistance device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- How to use the Accessibility Features on our website or other options that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Holsag’s goods and services.
- What Principles, Policies & Procedures Holsag has implemented
- Staff will also be trained when changes are made to Holsag’s Accessible Customer Service Plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Holsag provides goods and services to people with disabilities can communicate directly with Human Resources by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org://email@example.com , fax (705) 878-1864 or by mail at Holsag Canada, 164 Needham Street, Lindsay, ON K9V 5R7. All feedback, including complaints, will be made directly with the complainant, wherever possible. Customers can expect to hear back by the next business day after receiving the feedback.
Notice of Availability
Holsag will notify the public that our policies are available upon request by visiting our website or contacting Human Resources directly.
Modifications to Accessibility Policies
Any policy of Holsag’s that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.